I didn’t get the job, but they hired me anyway.

A few weeks ago I spent a great deal of time preparing for my interview and my presentation, and I though all went very well. I was extremely disappointed when, two weeks later, I got the rejection letter.

Then I found out there was an internal candidate. Need I say more?

Why, yes, in fact, I do. Because it doesn't end there. However, as this is my future employer, this post will not be a rant, rather, it will be a celebration. Long and short, I have been hired part time for the next year and- if all goes well- full time for the year after.

The greatest irony is that the first class I am teaching will be on cell culture.

Maybe I'll learn something useful.


3 comments:

Stacey said...

Awesome, congrats woman!

A Mom said...

Congrats!! And, if for some reason you aren't happy there, you can keep looking too (and wouldn't it be nice if 2 places wanted you and you could use that to your advantage?!?)

EcoGeoFemme said...

Yay! Congratulations.